Array JOUNAAI

Factors to enhancing or appreciating one's sexuality

What do you feel are key factors for one to enhance or appreciate their sexuality?

• Sorrell Eugene Greene

By Sorrell Eugene Greene

I would have to say the first and foremost option is for one to love thyself......We live in a world where we feel we have to live up to others opinions. Always looking for approval.....Not!!!!
      Be true to your self, damn what others think about you...
      Do you.

• Mekaboo-Admin

By Mekaboo-Admin

I totally agree! One has to be comfortable in their skin in order for them to express themselves honestly and truthfully!

• Sorrell Eugene Greene

By Sorrell Eugene Greene

Recently during my search for more information involving Black Fetish Models I came upon this article on the huffingtonpost.com site. Interesting to say the least. I will include a few excerpts from this story, but I invite you to take a look for yourselves. Be sure to click on the link (please visit here). this includes an array of vintage photos of some of our very own Black Female icons that have worked as fetish or nude models during their lifetimes.

Excerpt !. BLACK PEOPLE ARE FUNDAMENTALLY CONSERVATIVE, THEREFORE INTERNALIZE WHITE SUPREMACY WHICH PLAYS OUT IN SEVERAL FORMS LIKE RESPECTABILITY, POLITICS, MISOGYNOIR AND ANTIQUATED FALLACIES.

As Americans, we are very prudish about sex even though we tolerate rape culture. Women are to be seen but only, 'respectfully' as nobody wants to be labled a whore for showing too much skin these days. In fact, if someone harms you, there are too many people that will question your appearance to try to reason with your attacker. This happens a lot in the black community. Women are called whores and sluts for going through puberty, having children and just dating. The excitement I experienced as I viewed these women I've admired for years embrace and control their sexuality especially for monetary gain fills my heart with joy. Can you imagine being reminded you are the lowest form of existence in media and society everyday and have those same people pay you and refer to you as a goddess? The hypocrisy was lucrative to these women. Black women deserve to be sex icons willingly and with consent as well as their other counterparts. Again, we do not exist just to fulfill a need or to procreate, we rethinking beings too.

Excerpt #2 BLACK WOMEN, SEX WORK AND LIBERATION
          For some, sex work is about survival and for others, it is a mere choice, either way, both should be respected. We are so used to seeing black women erased from history or only highlighted in the most pristine way we forget our heroes are human too.If we left it up to mainstream media, we assume black women only exist to procreate or to fulfill some sexual fantasy. However, these images depict power, liberation and a level of confidence that only black women standing against all odds can pull off.

I enjoy seeing fetish and burlesque images of black iconic heroes. It humanizes them, plus it opens up a brand new world of possibilities and critical thinking on how the black body is perceived.

First of all, these photos prove that black women have always been fine. These vintage photos are timeless but it also leaves a void in the lack of history we have available to explain them. we need to explore how black femmes navigated sex work post-slavery and how they used their power and agency to build their brands as we know today. I believe it's important for us to understand and respect the journey of black women including their sex work. Just for the sake of argument, sex work isn't just prostitution but it also includes nude modeling, burlesque, being a madame and a lap dancing.

Be sure to also check out fabulizemag.com for more interesting articles.

Lastly, The naked female body is treated so weirdly in society it's like people are constantly begging to see it, but once they do someone's a hoe. (Lena Horne, A-Z Quotes).

I hope you enjoyed what I've researched. Be sure to read the article and view the beautiful images that accompanied this article.

Please keep in mind, these are not my views, but those of the writer, but I do concur!

Peace!!!

• Mekaboo-Admin

By Mekaboo-Admin

Had a chance to read this and I found it a great piece! So many of us see sex work as degrading and shameful but I feel the reason of this is that most of us dont know all of what sex work entails. This sheds a positive light on that..thank you for sharing!!